“Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data in combination with other information to which the organisation may have access and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as amended from time to time.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- (a) to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- (b) to provide goods and services to you;
- (c) to respond and deal with enquiries, complaints and other customer-care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- (d) to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- (e) to manage payment, billing, account, credit checks and debt-recovery matters;
- (f) to send you information, promotions, updates, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and that of our group companies;
- (g) to manage, develop and improve our business and operations to serve you better;
- (h) to carry out marketing promotions and campaigns, contests and lucky draws and personalising your experience at our customer touchpoints;
- (i) to carry out market research and customer surveys;
- (j) to conduct investigations or audits or carry out crime and fraud prevention and risk management activities;
- (k) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- (l) to enforce our legal rights and obligations;
- (m) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- (n) for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent;
- (o) for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to the above specified purposes.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes indicated above to our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors, which include without limitation, the following persons or entities:
- (a) banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
- (b) debt collection agencies;
- (c) credit information companies;
- (d) logistics and courier services companies;
- (e) call centre services providers;
- (f) our business partners and authorised distributors, dealers or resellers;
- (g) relevant government regulators or authorities or law enforcement agencies;
- (h) our insurers and advisors, including consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- (i) data intermediaries;
- (j) any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that such parties receiving your Personal Data (i) are under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your Personal Data; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such Personal Data.